Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So this is the new year...

Well, it's 2009 now. It's crazy to think about how fast last year went by. I've been reflecting on the last year, and it was a huge year for me. And 2009 is going to be even greater, I can feel it.

In my reflection, I had to look at the good and the bad. Where God allowed me to succeed, flourish, and grow, and where I took the reigns and failed. It's humbling, to say the least, but I was encouraged on Sunday the 4th when Pastor Jeff emphasized that 2008 was gone and we have to move forward. So that's what I'm doing.

And I'm setting some goals for this year. You can call them resolutions, but that word just carries a connotation of eventual failure and I can't bring myself to call them that. I'm calling them goals so that I strive for them and work for them, and don't give up on them when I fail.

So here goes:

1) I hope to read one chapter or more of a book everyday. And not just read the chapter, but internalize it and apply it. And if that means I only read half of a chapter one day, then so be it.

2) I want to blog more. I started a blog here and I haven't updated in a while. My hope is that I can share what I'm learning in my books or what God has taught me in my time spent with Him. At least one posting a week is my goal. Check back!

3) Invest in my 6th grade boys community group more. They are a gift; crazy at times, but still a gift, and I want them to develop a closer walk with the Lord.

4) It's on the top of a lot of lists, so it might be cliche, but I do want to work out more and eat healthier. That's all I'll say about that, but I'm going to work on it.

And a constant goal that I won't add to a list because it isn't something you check off of a list is to continue to grow in my relationship with my Creator. Through more time spent with Him, Bible study, worship, and prayer.

So, there they are. Ask me how they are going. Hold me accountable to them. If you took the time to read this, then you have my permission.

Be Blessed,
Champy ><>

No comments: